2007-08-27
2012-09-14
  • Autoplectic
    Autoplectic
    2007-08-27

Whenever I select File>New, i get the following dump:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "pype.py", line 4518, in changeStyle
    StyleSetter.initSTC(self, stylefile, language)
    File "/home/autoplectic/Work/temp/PyPE-2.8.6/StyleSetter.py", line 133, in initSTC
    stc.StyleSetSpec(num, style)
    File "/home/autoplectic/Python/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/stc.py", line 4905, in StyleSetSpec
    return _stc.StyledTextCtrl_StyleSetSpec(args, *kwargs)
    PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "Ok()" failed at ../src/gtk/colour.cpp(132) in Red(): invalid colour

this version of python and wxpython were both compiled by me, and seem to work fine everywhere else.
    python version: 2.5.1
    wxpython version: 2.8.4.2
    it was installed like so (in case that helps, basically adapted from the wxpython installation docs):
    PATH=/home/autoplectic/Python/bin:/home/autoplectic/Python/wxWidgets/bin:$PATH
    mkdir bld
    cd bld
    ../configure --prefix=/home/autoplectic/Python/wxWidgets --with-gtk --with-gnomeprint --with-opengl --enable-geometry --enable-graphics_ctx --enable-sound --with-sdl --enable-mediactrl --enable-display --disable-debugreport --enable-optimize --enable-debug_flag --enable-unicode --enable-rpath=/home/autoplectic/Python/wxWidgets/lib
    make
    make -C contrib/src/gizmos
    make -C contrib/src/stc
    make install
    make -C contrib/src/gizmos install
    make -C contrib/src/ install
    cd ../wxPython
    python setup.py build_ext --inplace
    python setup.py install

• Josiah Carlson
      Josiah Carlson
      2009-05-05

I have gotten those errors in GTK in the past. IIRC, you can safely ignore them.