Key for the todo items:
- Not going to make it.
? Probably didn't make it here, may make it later.
. We'll see if it happens...
Switch from all-in-one to plugin style (for easier source maintenance).
Switch to use wx namespace.
* browsable source tree (by name)
* browsable source tree (by line number)
* this document todo/etc list
* (line number, importance, text)
- global document todo/etc list
- (document name, line number, importance, text)
* find bar for this file
* document ordering
* document reordering
* document icons (everywhere)
* made window remember size and position
* made subwindows remember size and position
* tooltips now understand __init__ and __new__
(done in 2.3) - interpreter
* shell command support (embedded within window)
* filesystem browser with pathmarks
* workspace management
- project management
* per-filetype preferences
* Add a replace workspace mechanism.
* Find in files as a tab on the bottom.
* Make the location of both tabs options (right/left, top/bottom).
* Save search results (as text).
* Select whole lines on indent/dedent.
* Better caps support in filenames on windows/mac.
* Keyboard command for 'close find bar'/'close replace bar'
* Keyboard command for 'find previous'
* Make optional drag and drop file support on STC instances.
* Smart Case
* Replace In Selection
- Save/load search criteria (like workspace). (used history instead)
* per-filetype preferences
* Fix per-document type saving and such...
* Fix dragging of edited documents in documents tab...
* Add support for #encoding in python files (on open/save, but do not change).
? Add search support for unicode/#encoding defined files that are not open.
(done in 2.3) * Add PyShell from PyCrust as a Python console, but use the
external process support to run the shell in another process. Caveat:
* PyShell would not get all the really neat introspection capabilities
without significant additional work (which I probably won't ever have time
(used thread in 2.4) - Use external command support to spawn persistant slow
parser for tooltips, calltips, and better parsing.
(done in 2.3) * Use optional listening socket to support later callings of
(done in 2.2.2) PyPE pushing document opening into a single PyPE instance
* Add caret width setting (global for all editors).
* Start/end selection menu item/hotkey.
* Fix hotkeys for ctrl+key
* Fix hotkeys for alt+key
* class/function filtering in the tree stuff
? See about using XML-RPC, like idle.
* Look into macro recording/playback functionality.
* Partially implemented, includes:
* cut/copy/paste, typing, most built-in scintilla functionality, keyboard
navigation with arrows, home, end, etc., backspace, delete, ...
* Most menu commands with or without shortcuts
* will need to come up with a reasonably macro'd list.
* Document abstraction for modifying documents via script in debug mode.
* Something like keymap["ctrl-d"] = lambda doc:doc.delete_current_line()
* Add indicator for macro recording.
* Update filter list columns/save column width.
* Add line-based document abstraction.
* Move all document modification to PythonSTC definition, use metaprogramming
* Document filtertable semantics
* Add optional context-sensitive filter
* Add "find definition" menu item/hotkey: switches to the filter tool, and
enters in the "current word".
* Remove all unnecessary 0-width columns in list controls.
* Need a method to allow for better/easier trigger expansions (autoindent,
easier cursor positioning, etc.).
* Option to not save BOM to UTF encoded files when a coding line is in the
* Option to do nothing/open for editing/run macro on double click.
Move PythonSTC definition out of pype.py
* Hotkey support for macros.
If I can get more than one indicator working, or perhaps disable syntax
highlighting, getting a remote pair/group programming setup similar to
SubEthaEdit would be quite neat.
The newest version of scintilla (not yet wrapped for wxPython) supports
the use of up to 32 indicators. Plenty for any pair/group programming
task. Need to decide on some sort of editing workflow.
* Optional indicators for stdout/stderr from Python and Command shells.
* Display Macro buttons as text or bitmaps.
Fix Shells for Mac
* Fix line number column width for large files
* Check/fix %L for triggers
* Better autocomplete for self. methods
"Find all uses of fcn X" (maybe use Search tab?)
* Add help for "what to expect when coming from another editor"
* Add help for the sample macros
* Only create the directory tree for the Browse... tab when it is first clicked
* Add option to detect and define where the Python executable is
* Check on pathmarks (fixed)
* Check on workspaces (verified working)
* Transition completely to wx namespace
* Add "Ignore Dotted Directories" to Search tab.
* Fix "wrap try/except/finally"
* --standalone command line option for flash drive distributions.
* Add support for reading the following Vim options from the beginning/end of
* files that do not currently have a 'history':
* cursorline, cul, nocursorline, nocul (Highlight Current Line)
* expandtab, et, noexpandtab, noet (Use Tabs)
* shiftwidth, sw (Set Indent Width)
* softtabstop, sts (Set Indent Width) (shiftwidth preferred)
* tabstop, ts (Set Tab Width)
Add "Vim smartcase" and support for the Vim option:
smartcase, scs, nosmartcase, noscs
This forces "match case" when capital letters are inserted into findbar
Add support in the future for:
ignorecase, ic, noignorecase, noic (Match Case)
delayed because it requires faking a findbar state
* Fix memory leak in long term linux use
* Switch to single timer instance for all subshells
* Check keybindings on linux macro hotkeys
* Known issue: Ctrl + F* hotkeys don't work in Kubuntu
* They work fine in Xubuntu
* Check "run document" macro on linux
* Replaced "run document" macro with "File -> Run Current File" menu item.
Try to reproduce/fix cut/copy issue on linux
Cannot replicate in Ubuntu
Cannot replicate in Kubuntu
Cannot replicate in Xubuntu
Cannot replicate in Windows
Could be wxPython version issue, awaiting response from user
* Add "split document" ability
Fix autoindent for *ML.
* Make the Search tab run its search in a background thread, posting events to
the main GUI (will remove wx.Yield() issues)
See if any "Code Browser" functionality can be duplicated; tree view,
smalltalk-like view, etc.
Add new folding commands (like Ctrl+Shift+[1-9] from:
Fix folding state saving/restoring.
Replace View -> Split * commands with a 'split in second window' command.
- Add multi-language support via I18N or equivalent.
- Add -w workspace management.
* Fix fast tree updates and sorting.
* autocomplete bugs
* caused by improper handling of funcdef definition lines when there were decorators.
* pyflakes macro
* use notification entries in the margin, uses F2
- include clicking to go to the file positions
. add support for wxPython 2.9/StyledTextCtrl's line annotations
. pylint macro
. switch macro to using some sort of deferred result,as pylint can
take a while to run
* autocomplete keywords option
* autocomplete after X characters
* select + middle click on linux
* select + middle click option in Windows
* Switch to optparse for command line argument parsing.
* find history linux bugs
* fix shell/console