Key for the todo items:
- Not going to make it.
? Probably didn't make it here, may make it later.
Switch from all-in-one to plugin style (for easier source maintenance).
Switch to use wx namespace.
* browsable source tree (by name)
* browsable source tree (by line number)
* this document todo/etc list
* (line number, importance, text)
- global document todo/etc list
- (document name, line number, importance, text)
* find bar for this file
* document ordering
* document reordering
* document icons (everywhere)
* made window remember size and position
* made subwindows remember size and position
* tooltips now understand __init__ and __new__
(done in 2.3) - interpreter
* shell command support (embedded within window)
* filesystem browser with pathmarks
* workspace management
- project management
* per-filetype preferences
* Add a replace workspace mechanism.
* Find in files as a tab on the bottom.
* Make the location of both tabs options (right/left, top/bottom).
* Save search results (as text).
* Select whole lines on indent/dedent.
* Better caps support in filenames on windows/mac.
* Keyboard command for 'close find bar'/'close replace bar'
* Keyboard command for 'find previous'
* Make optional drag and drop file support on STC instances.
* Smart Case
* Replace In Selection
? Save/load search criteria (like workspace).
* per-filetype preferences
* Fix per-document type saving and such...
* Fix dragging of edited documents in documents tab...
* Add support for #encoding in python files (on open/save, but do not change).
? Add search support for unicode/#encoding defined files that are not open.
(done in 2.3) ? Add PyShell from PyCrust as a Python console, but use the
external process support to run the shell in another process. Caveat:
? PyShell would not get all the really neat introspection capabilities
without significant additional work (which I probably won't ever have time
(used thread in 2.4) ? Use external command support to spawn persistant slow
parser for tooltips, calltips, and better parsing.
(done in 2.3) ? Use optional listening socket to support later callings of
(done in 2.2.2) PyPE pushing document opening into a single PyPE instance
* Add caret width setting (global for all editors).
* Start/end selection menu item/hotkey.
* Fix hotkeys for ctrl+key
* Fix hotkeys for alt+key
* class/function filtering in the tree stuff
? See about using XML-RPC, like idle.
* Look into macro recording/playback functionality.
* Partially implemented, includes:
* cut/copy/paste, typing, most built-in scintilla functionality, keyboard
navigation with arrows, home, end, etc., backspace, delete, ...
* Most menu commands with or without shortcuts
* will need to come up with a reasonably macro'd list.
- Document abstraction for modifying documents via script in debug mode.
? Something like keymap["ctrl-d"] = lambda doc:doc.delete_current_line()
* Add indicator for macro recording.
* Update filter list columns/save column width.
* Add line-based document abstraction.
* Move all document modification to PythonSTC definition, use metaprogramming
* Document filtertable semantics
* Add optional context-sensitive filter
* Add "find definition" menu item/hotkey: switches to the filter tool, and
enters in the "current word".
* Remove all unnecessary 0-width columns in list controls.
* Need a method to allow for better/easier trigger expansions (autoindent,
easier cursor positioning, etc.).
* Option to not save BOM to UTF encoded files when a coding line is in the
* Option to do nothing/open for editing/run macro on double click.
Move PythonSTC definition out of pype.py
* Hotkey support for macros.
If I can get more than one indicator working, or perhaps disable syntax
highlighting, getting a remote pair/group programming setup similar to
SubErthaEdit would be quite neat.