Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

getting panel on all desktops under xfce?

alec
2005-04-09
2013-04-15
  • alec
    alec
    2005-04-09

I downloaded and installed the latest pypanel (2.2) but get the same problem with xfce 4.2 -- I get pypanel only on one desktop. Is there a fix?

• Jon Gelo
    Jon Gelo
    2005-04-10

I took out all the 'special case' handling code in 2.2 but it looks like XFWM4 still has issues with _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK.  To get around it, comment out the code that sets the pypanel DOCK property in the setProps method -

win.change_property(dsp.intern_atom("_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE"), Xatom.ATOM, 32, [dsp.intern_atom("_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK")])

• alec
    alec
    2005-04-10

Thanks, that fixed the problem. Also, is there a way to display all the desktops and highlight the current one, in a similar fashion as with applications?

• Jon Gelo
    Jon Gelo
    2005-04-11

Unfortunately, there's no way to do that right now.  At some point I would like to try and add some type of pager though ..

I have seen screenshots where folks use a standalone pager (eg. fbpager) and place it up next to pypanel.  That may be a solution for you?