From: Jason Vertrees <jason.vertrees@sc...> - 2011-05-02 22:54:18
I'm happy to announce that we've released PyMOL v1.4.1, an update that
improves stability and performance, and adds the new features listed
below. Users who financially support the project by purchasing
Incentive PyMOL may download it directly from http://pymol.org/dsc,
and access the incentive documentation and videos at
The new features are as follows:
• MTZ map reading now works on all our supported platforms and architectures.
• Transparent ribbons – just "set ribbon_transparency, X" like other
transparency settings. (o-s)
• Improved state handling makes operations on multi-state objects easier. (o-s)
• GLSL shaders now support depth cueing/fogging. (o-s)
• New background gradient. “set bg_gradient”. If this is something you
want ray-traceable, please let us know. (o-s)
• Map resolution displayed as Angstroms, not 1/d^2, from MTZ file.
• Elementary volume ray tracing; “set ray_volume”. (o-s)
• Cross-platform bug fixes.
Those features tagged with "(o-s)" are already in the open-source.
This release is tagged on SourceForge as "pymol-v1.4.1" in SVN,
corresponds to commit 3947, and a corresponding tar file has been
Jason Vertrees, PhD
PyMOL Product Manager
(o) +1 (603) 374-7120