I just downloaded and tried-out the new v0.95 -- very nice!
(particularly the label-handling)...
Now I'm wondering -- has anyone seen the following OpenGL errors with
this new version:
Where? During Rendering: invalid operation
This occurs when literally *any* operation is performed in the PyMOL
Viewer graphics window -- whether it's doing complicated mouse tricks
or just typing a single character (one can type the identical text in
the Tcl/Tk GUI window without any errors). I'm running on a Red Hat 9
Linux box, having installed PyMOL via pymol-0.95-1.rh90.py22.i386.rpm...
Thanks for any info.,
=== Warren DeLano wrote (on 04/04/2004 12:57 PM): ===
Yesterday marked DeLano Scientific's one year anniversary as a full-time
business. In addition to popping the cork on a bottle of champagne, we
celebrated with the release of version 0.95!
Thank you to everyone who made the previous year possible with your
participation and support. DeLano Scientific met exactly 99.92% of its
internal fundraising goal for the year, and we are now starting to plan for
some growth. This year, in addition to continuing our PyMOL development and
support activites, we're hoping to secure some SBIR grant funding as well
project-specific monies from pharmaceutical companies. The future looks
What's new in PyMOL 0.95?
- Presets (in the Action menu) provide common views very quickly.
- Context-specific pop-up menus now direct actions to where you point.
- Mouse wheel can now control clipping slab width and position.
- Improved look-and-feel, including bigger controls and longer names.
- Appearance wizard facilitates color and representation control.
- Labels can now be ray traced & with new fonts
- Two new surface types: dots (surface_type=1) & tri-mesh
- Better handling of alpha-channel for semi-transparent figures.
- Cartoons and spheres can now be "picked" using the mouse.
- Roving origin behavior has been improved.
- New cross-platform build for OS X uses Tcl/Tk under X11 without Fink.
- Molecular picking and editing is now more general.
- Numerous features and tweaks have been added.
- Various major and minor bugs have been fixed.
An official 0.95 release of the MacPyMOL Incentive Product for OS X is also
available for download.
Warren L. DeLano, Ph.D.
DeLano Scientific LLC
This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials
Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of
GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system
PyMOL-users mailing list