Install Problems

Help
Arituay
2008-02-22
2013-04-24
  • Arituay
    Arituay
    2008-02-22

I received the following error when trying to install this program in Linux:

gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
    gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
    error: Command "gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c PyML/ext/libsvm.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/PyML/ext/libsvm.o" failed with exit status 1

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

• AnonymousYoon
      AnonymousYoon
      2008-04-20

I have encountered similar messages when I try to install PyML with numpy packaged compiled with only g77(Fortran 77). This was solved when I used recent upgrade of gfortran (Fortran 90). Although I got plenty of warnings that complain about comparing/assigning unsigned/signed values into the other, there was no error to install it under many linux distros including SuSE 10.3, Ubuntu 7 and Fedora 8.

• Josep Pijuan
      Josep Pijuan
      2008-12-02

I also have some problems to install PyML. I use Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex), and the gcc version is:
      (Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu11) 4.3.2
      When I try to build the package the gcc compiler gives me an error:

(This is some text of the error)

running build
      running build_py
      running build_ext
      building 'PyML/clusterers/ext/_ckmeans' extension
      gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.5/PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.o
      cc1plus: warning: command line option "-Wstrict-prototypes" is valid for Ada/C/ObjC but not for C++
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp:2579:20: error: kmeans.h: No such file or directory
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp: In function ‘void SWIG_Python_AddErrorMsg(const char*)’:
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp:870: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp: In constructor ‘swig::PyObject_ptr::PyObject_ptr(PyObject*, bool)’:
      PyML/clusterers/ext/kmeans_wrap.cpp:2536: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’

Could anybody help me?

Josep

• Josep Pijuan
        Josep Pijuan
        2008-12-03

I solved my problem. I needed the swig and sip4 libraries. I test the version 0.7.0 and I compile with gcc-4.2.

I hope this information could help you.

Bye

• I am using openSUSE(11.1) to install PyML but trap in error when I am doing
    <linux-box> # python setup.py build
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    building 'PyML/containers/ext/_csparsedataset' extension
    gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -fwrapv -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.o
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:129:20: error: Python.h: No such file or directory
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:2510:4: error: #error "This python version requires swig to be run with the '-classic' option"
    In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.4/ext/hash_map:59,
                     from PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet.h:14,
                     from PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:2593:
    /usr/include/c++/4.4/backward/backward_warning.h:28:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:734: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:789: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
    PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:810: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token
    In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.4/stdexcept:38,
                     from PyML/containers/ext/SparseDataSet_wrap.cpp:2529:
    /usr/include/c++/4.4/exception:35: error: expected declaration before end of line
    error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

can any one help me ..

• Have you installed the python development environment? It contains all the necessary headers (like Python.h in your case) for development.