Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Installer Issues

Help
Eric
2011-09-28
2013-05-28
  • Eric
    Eric
    2011-09-28

Hi,

I created my own installer using NSIS a couple of years back and it ran without problem. After restoring to factory defaults I've attempted to use the same installer but upon running the .exe file that is produced I get the error:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more details."

The application event log then tells me:

"Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. "

I'm not particularly technically minded by google informs me this is probably due to the executable not being able to find a file. The installation directory however looks exactly the same as before the factory default restore. Am I missing some dependencies? I was under the impression the installer took care of this aspect?

Sorry for being a pain! Hoping someone could shed some light on this…
    Eric

extra info:
    Running Vista Business 32 (eugh!)
    The origional source code was version 1.2.1