Help
desichora
2011-03-08
2013-05-28
  • desichora
    desichora
    2011-03-08

Hi,

I have downloaded this package (V. 1.2.1) and re-built it from source using the following instructions: https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/pykeylogger/index.php?title=Installation_Instructions
    I built it using python version 2.7.1
    It works great on the machine where I built it (Windows 7 64-bit).

However, as soon as I take the compiled source and try to install it on some other machine (Window XP 64bit), it gives me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "keylogger.pyw", line 54, in <module>
      File "detailedlogwriter.pyc", line 35, in <module>
      File "win32api.pyc", line 12, in <module>
      File "win32api.pyc", line 10, in __load
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

What am I doing wrong? I tried debugging the application also, it still doesn't show me which DLL is missing.
    Please help.

• Swift
    Swift
    2011-03-12

I believe it's because you compiled it on a x64 machine, thus saving the 64bit dlls.

Try compiling it on a 32bit machine instead.

• Boondoggler
    Boondoggler
    2012-01-28

I tried on 32 and 64 still same isssue when trying to use on Vista 32 (W7 x32/64 fine though…)

Tried dependancy walker an it suggests IESHIM.dll is missing - ok so where do we put it to compile this correctly??

• Brendan L
    Brendan L
    2012-02-12

I fixed the problem by creating the binary on the XP computer.
    Also, when you run py2exe it lists the DLL dependencies of the binary. Still not sure if that was actually the problem though, because I erased the IESHIMS.dll files from the internet explorer file on my win7 computers and pykeylogger.exe still ran fine. Maybe if I erased them and then recreated the binary I would get the error message on the win7 computer? Not sure, and probably not gonna test it since i got it working on XP now.