This was originally run on TurboGears2-1.9.7a3dev_r5053. Since TurboGears 2
is still evolving, you may have to tweak this at step 4 if you use a different
1. Follow the directions to install TurboGears on:
2. If you created a virtual environment, make sure you also install
MySQL-python. (I just made a symbolic link from
to the virtual environment's lib/python2.5/site-packages directory).
3. In the directory that you want to contain the TurboGears application (for
example, your virtual environment, tg2env, if you followed the steps
outlined by TurboGears):
$ paster quickstart --sqlalchemy
Enter project name: tg2movie
Enter package name [tg2movie]:
Do you need Identity (usernames/passwords) in this project? [no]
This will create a directory called "tg2movie".
4. Copy the 2 html templates from this directory into the new
Modify the 3 new files below using the corresponding files from this
5. Start TurboGears. From the top-level "tg2movie" directory:
$ paster serve development.ini
This starts the TurboGears server listening on port 8080 (which is in the
development.ini file if you want to change it).
6. From your browser goto:
7. Hit Ctrl-C to kill TurboGears when you're done.