0.3 RELEASE NOTES 6/08/2008
I expect only minor feature enhancements at this point and am focusing now
on testing. Often the sources under subversion are more stable than the
Please report bugs to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyke at either:
forum => help
or tracker => bugs
INCOMPATIBILITIES WITH 0.2 RELEASE:
- Made use of ':' after rule names in .krb files deprecated.
- Also eliminated use of ':' after 'python' in fc_assertions so that ':' is
no longer used to introduce indented lines in .krb files.
- Changed the url format in the web_framework example from "/1/movie.html"
Added the following features:
- Added 'forall'/'require', 'notany', 'first', and 'python' premises to both
fc and bc rules.
- The web_framework example now caches plans. It should be extremely fast
- Anonymous pattern variables are now any identifier starting with an
underscore. This allows you to document the variable.
- Allow the 'taking' clause to be indented on the next line after the 'use'
clause without requiring a \ continuation.
- Changed 'python' syntax to allow either a single python statement on the
same line as 'python', or multiple python statements indented under
- All .krb files are now automatically recompiled whenever the pyke version
- Top-level testall script.
Added the following web pages:
- KRB Syntax => Compound Premise
- PyCon 2008 Paper
Added the following examples:
- knapsack example. This is a small example that came up at the PyCon 2008
- findall example. This is mostly for testing the new forall premise
combined with the new 'python' premise.
- forall example. This is mostly for testing the new forall premise.
- notany example. This is mostly for testing the new notany premise.
The following bugs have been fixed:
The 'python' assertion in fc rules didn't work.