Help
DaBoo
2003-06-27
2003-06-30
  • DaBoo
    DaBoo
    2003-06-27

How is festival supported?

I found the progids command in the setup.cfg file but it is for windows. How should the Linux/festival line look? Are examples online anywhere?

-DaBoo

• Gary Shao
      Gary Shao
      2003-06-28

The progids command in setup.cfg is only used by distutils when running py2exe, the command to build a Windows executable. It refers to the unique names or IDs by which COM  services are known on Windows, and ensures that certain Python code supporting those services is included in the executable.

For Linux, py2exe is not run. Currently, the application attempts to detect if festival is installed on the system by attempting to start up a process with the command "festival". If this was successful, the View->Speech menu item is enabled. If the menu item is not enabled for your installation, you can assume that festival was not detected for your system. There is no need for any additional configuration lines to make this all happen.

If you are unsure if festival has been correctly installed on your system, try to type in "festival" on a command line. You should get back a few lines identifying the program and a festival> prompt. At the prompt, type in the command (SayText "Hello world"), including the parentheses. You should hear a sythesized rendition of the phrase from your speakers.    You can quit festival with the command (quit), remembering that parentheses are important. If all this worked, you can assume you have a working installation of festival.

--Gary

• DaBoo
        DaBoo
        2003-06-30

Ahhh got it :)

I had festival installed in a tmp directory for testing. I hadent added it to the path.

Thanks,
        DaBoo