Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

problem with the debugger

Yoav Rubin
2006-09-19
2013-03-15
  • Yoav Rubin
    Yoav Rubin
    2006-09-19

Hi All, when i run my project in the run mode, the project runs fine, but when i run it in the debugger and place a breakpoint somewhere i get an error message in the console that sais that one of my imports (which is one of the modules i created in the project) does not exist. Does anyone has any idea what to do, i'm a newbie in pydev and python,

thanks
    Yoav

• Fabio Zadrozny
      Fabio Zadrozny
      2006-09-23

Which pydev/eclipse version are you using? Can you paste that message?

• Lee Connell
      Lee Connell
      2006-09-30

I have same problem as well.  I am running 1.2.4 pydev and eclipse 3.2.  If i use "from mod1 import MyClass" or if i use "import mod1" and use "yo = mod1.MyClass" I get the following error in debugger which actually thinks my class is a different name.  MyClass definately is defined in mod1.py within MyPack package as code completion works just fine as far as I can tell.

#!/bin/python

from mod1 import MyClass

yo = MyClass()
      yo.Doh()

-----------------

yo.Doh()
        File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lee Connell\workspace\Test\src\MyPack\mod1.py", line 12, in Doh
          clazz = MyClOass(self)
      NameError: global name 'MyClOass' is not defined

------------------

If I use "import mod1" and use "yo = MyClass()" I it doesn't know what MyClass is which it should.

------------------

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lee Connell\workspace\Test\src\MyPack\__init__.py", line 5, in ?
          yo = MyClass()
      NameError: name 'MyClass' is not defined

• Lee Connell
        Lee Connell
        2006-09-30

Well I apologize, I tried to remove my post but I don't see the option.  I clearly misread the debugger output, and I was looking in the incorrect file.  The debugger was completely right :|

• Fabio Zadrozny
          Fabio Zadrozny
          2006-09-30

No problems ;-)