unresolved import error

Anonymous
2010-09-27
2013-03-15

• Anonymous
    2010-09-27

Why am I getting these errors with the little red X. Everything works fine, but the editor shows these errors. What do I do?

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-09-27

Can you give an example with the errors you're having? (you can copy/paste the problems from the problems view).

It's usually some misconfiguration… have you followed the configuration steps from http://pydev.org/manual_101_root.html?

Cheers,

Fabio

• Anonymous
    2010-09-29

There are no problems. Everything works its just the editor that shows the errors. I have 2 other projects that are fine, the only difference is this one is configured as a django project.

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-09-29

But which errors are appearing (if you can put a screenshot somewhere and post a link in this forum, that'd be nice).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Anonymous
    2010-09-30

Here it is. Thanks for the support
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3625614/Capture.JPG

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-10-01

Can you try just refreshing your interpreter (i.e.: go to window > preferences > pydev > interpreter - python, press 'apply' and choose the interpreter that has django configured to update).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Anonymous
    2010-10-04

Sorry, that did not work.

• Anonymous
    2010-10-10

Fabio,

Do you have any other suggestions?

• Blacksmith P
    Blacksmith P
    2010-10-12

Hi all,
    I have the same trouble with Pydev.
    I installed 2 packages to develop neural networks. Both of them work just fine, but for one of them the editor does not seem to recognize the modules, so errors show up whenever I use the modules of the package and the autocompletion is not available, this is very annoying.
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-10-14

Maybe the pythonpath changed (in which case just the apply is not enough). Try the following:

1. Remove the interpreter.
    2. Add the interpreter again (and double-check the pythonpath used).
    3. Restart eclipse (this is probably not needed, but just playing safe here).

Cheers,

Fabio

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-10-14

Another thing: when re-adding the interpreter, it might be worth checking if no error was added to the error log (see http://pydev.org/faq.html#how_do_i_report_a_bug for details on getting it).

Cheers,

Fabio

• ahunor
    ahunor
    2010-12-24

Greetings

This affects me as well, and I seem to be unable to add django to the PYTHONPATH such that pydev would recognize it (yes, from the python shell it does work).

• Greetings! Same problem for me.
    After I update the toolchain (Eclilpse/Aptanda) I met the problem.

• ahunor
    ahunor
    2010-12-28

For me it was a classic case of PEBKAC. I thought that by doing a find, xargs , chmod after pip did the job, I did actually forgot to make the dirs +x, so my user couldn't list them.
    My advise would be to check the permissions.
    It's working great now.