StackOverflowError while changing PYTHONPATH

2010-10-13
2013-03-15
  • Yoni Tsafir
    Yoni Tsafir
    2010-10-13

When I change the PYTHONPATH of one of my projects, I keep getting a StackOverflowError (endless loop):

java.lang.StackOverflowError
            at org.python.pydev.parser.fastparser.FastDefinitionsParser.endScope(FastDefinitionsParser.java:369)
            at org.python.pydev.parser.fastparser.FastDefinitionsParser.addToPertinentScope(FastDefinitionsParser.java:429)
            at org.python.pydev.parser.fastparser.FastDefinitionsParser.endScope(FastDefinitionsParser.java:372)
            at org.python.pydev.parser.fastparser.FastDefinitionsParser.addToPertinentScope(FastDefinitionsParser.java:429)
            at org.python.pydev.parser.fastparser.FastDefinitionsParser.endScope(FastDefinitionsParser.java:372)

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-10-14

I've tried here and couldn't reproduce the condition that got to that point.

I've just pushed a new nightly that handles that exception and gives more information when that happens… Can you get it, change the pythonpath so that it gets to that condition and create an error report with the contents of the module it points to (note that if you can't put the module source code, you could try 'anonymizing it' (changing the variables to things that don't make sense) and only then attaching it to the bug report).

Thanks,

Fabio

• Yoni Tsafir
    Yoni Tsafir
    2012-02-17

It has been a while, but I think this bug still happens.
    It happens when you add two folders that one is a subdir of the other to the project's PYTHONPATH.

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2012-02-18

I still can't reproduce with those instructions… can you create a bug report and attach a sample project where that happens?

Cheers,

Fabio