Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

How to PyDev + App Engine + Unit-tests?

PEZ
2010-03-19
2013-03-15
  • PEZ
    PEZ
    2010-03-19

I want to run my unit tests for a Python Google App Engine project using: Run As => Python unit-test

But when I try that all my Model tests bail with the error message:

BadArgumentError: app must not be empty.

Anyone got this to work?

NB: The tests runs fine using Nose -with-gae. But I want the PyDev integration.
    This question was also posted on Stackoverflow yesterday: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2473467/how-to-get-eclipse-pydev-app-engine-unit-testing-to-work

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-03-20

There's no such option right now… please enter a feature request for that. Note that you can run nose itself from inside of pydev (with the -with-gae option) - which at least would give you hyperlinking inside of pydev - to do that just create a custom run where nose is the main script.

Cheers,

Fabio

• PEZ
    PEZ
    2010-03-21

Thanks! Hyperlinking was a great improvement. But I'll definitely file a feature request for true PyDev GAE unit tests. Coverage runs are luring too. =)

• PEZ
    PEZ
    2010-03-21

I must happily add that using this hint I can also run my tests in debug and immediately found two lacking tests. Yay!