project wizard cannot change source location

nobody
2006-08-31
2013-03-15
  • nobody
    nobody
    2006-08-31

When I create a new Pydev Project I change the project content location by unchecking "Use default" then browsing to or typing in my desired location. It shows an error "Default location error" on top and the Next and Finish buttons are disabled.  I've tried this with the new location the same as the default and still get the error. I'm certain this worked in an older version. I've just upgraded to Eclipse 3.1.2 and Pydev 1.1.0. Any ideas or is this a bug?

• Fabio Zadrozny
      Fabio Zadrozny
      2006-08-31

Very strange... I'm on version 1.2.2 (and Eclipse 3.2.0) and it appears to work for me without any problems (and I don't remember messing with this for a long time)... Do you have some error in your error log?

Also, which platform are you on?

• nobody
      nobody
      2006-08-31

Nothing in the eclipse log is there a seperate log for pydev? I'm on Linux.

• Fabio Zadrozny
        Fabio Zadrozny
        2006-09-01

No, it's all in the same log...

Really strange... now, is there some reason to keep version 3.1 (maybe upgrading to 3.2 and the latest pydev could solve your problems... otherwise, just create a simple project and open some python file whithin it -- it will be automatically considered a pydev project).

Cheers,

Fabio