Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Developing Plone With Pydev Extensions

Ed K
2007-04-25
2013-03-15
  • Ed K
    Ed K
    2007-04-25

I want desperately to use Pydev Extensions to develop Plone products, but I can't get any of the code checking features to work correctly (unresolved import error many have mentioned, seems to be with all Plone, but not Zope products... additionally, Pydev OS works fine - just not the extra goodies in extensions =/ ). Has anyone got any tips on configuring/hacking/doing anything to make this work correctly? I saw a few posts, but none made any immediate sense in my situation.

• Fabio Zadrozny
      Fabio Zadrozny
      2007-04-25

Have you checked: http://pydev.blogspot.com/2007/02/notes-on-configuring-zope-and-pylons.html (mainly thing about the __init__.py files)?

• Ed K
      Ed K
      2007-04-26

After banging my head against a wall for a few hours on this:

1. I am running plone, python, and zope all built from source. OpenSuse 10.2 (rather than windows, which I think the authors of those FAQ's were using... don't know if that has anything to do with it)
      2. I need to add /-ploneinstance- to the path rather than /-ploneinstance-/Products
      3. Doing (2) prevents me from launching zope from inside of eclipse. This is inconvienent for debugging.

I will continue to fiddle with things and see if I have any better luck.

• Ed K
      Ed K
      2007-04-26

Also, referencing my earlier post- the FAQ's work fine for the Pydev OS product, just not Pydev extensions (FYI).

• Ed K
      Ed K
      2007-04-26

Ok - last clue here...

This makes no sense to me, but my guess is that it has to do with the order in which things are read from the PYTHONPATH -

It works ONLY if you have the /zope/lib/python folder first, and the /-ploneinstance- folder second, but not the other way around.