Jython autocomplete not working with JAR file

Rajat
2008-11-25
2013-03-15
  • Rajat
    Rajat
    2008-11-25

Hi,

I'm using PyDev 1.3.24 with Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.0 for running Jython. I have a JAR file that contains certain classes which I'm importing in Jython. I'm able to instanstiate these classes in Jython except for the code completion that does not take place.

As soon as I make an object of the class I expect PyDev to provide me the list of functions provided by this object. For e.g:

In Jython, I say:
    myObj = myClass()   #myClass is a class implemented in a JAR file

On writing "myObj." , I should be presented with the list of functions & variables that this class exposes.

Please suggest if there is any setting that need can be done to turn on this feature

Thanks and regards,
    Rajat

• Rajat
      Rajat
      2008-11-27

Hi folks,

I did not see any response to the query for the last couple of days. This led me to assume that the query is not relevant to this forum ( especially the Java and Jar file things mentioned).

Can someone suggest me the right forum to ask this query?

Cheers,
      Rajat

• Fabio Zadrozny
        Fabio Zadrozny
        2008-11-27

Hi Rajat,

This is the correct place for asking it...

Also, I've just tested that same case you mentioned and it worked for me (provided that the import for that class can be correctly resolved and that the jar is correctly added to your pythonpath).

If that's correct and it's still not working, can you create a bug-report for that? (if possible, attaching the jar and providing the exact steps you're following).

Cheers,

Fabio