Autocompletion with wxPython in Eclipse

Max P
2009-01-21
2013-03-15
  • Max P
    Max P
    2009-01-21

Hello

I am using eclipse for developing python (on an Windows machine).

For other the Tkinter the auto-completion works.

I installed wxPython but the auto-completion doesn’t work for all wx classes.

Has anybody a clue way it should not work or how I can add the auto-completion manual?

Thanks for your Help!

Max

• Fabio Zadrozny
      Fabio Zadrozny
      2009-01-26

Can you give an example of what exactly it is not finding?

Cheers,

Fabio

• Primoz Cermelj
      Primoz Cermelj
      2009-05-14

Hi,

I have a similar issue (eclipse 3.4.2, pydev 1.4.5.2727), namely, code completion for wx and numpy does not work at all (in the editor), i.e., it doesn't show any of the members when I invoke

import wx
      wx.                           # <- no autocompletion ?

The same applies to numpy.

However, for other modules/packages (Python built-ins or my custom packages) the completion works fine.

Note: Code completion in Python console (not the editor) works completely for numpy while it works only partially for wx (it shows only the member of wx but not the help, arguments,...).

• Primoz Cermelj
        Primoz Cermelj
        2009-05-14

Hi again,

I found out that to solve the completion problems with wx and numpy in pydev editor within eclipse a solution is (at least it worked in my case) to REMOVE the python interpreter from the interpreters list in Window|Preferences|Pydev|Interpreter-Python and add it back right and applying the changes (just clicking apply without removing the interpreter and selecting it back didn't work).

Also, add wx and numpy (if not there already) to Forced Builtins.

After that, invoking wx. or numpy. should show all the memebers,....

Cheers,

Primoz