Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Problem with 'non-PyDev Projects' filter

2011-10-01
2013-03-15
  • 0. Make sure you have some PyDev projects (Python nature) and some CDT projects (C/C++ nature).
    1. Activate PyDev perspective
    2. In PyDev Package Explorer choose 'Customize view…' and on 'Filters' tab check 'PyDev: non-PyDev Projects' and click OK.

Result:
    Some C/C++ projects disappear but other do not.

Any idea what could be wrong?

• In .metadata/.log file inside my workspace there are many entries like the one below.
    Could someone explain what's the reason for this?
    Can this be connected with the problem I described in my question titled What's the reason of disappearing of information on project's natures? at stackoverflow.com?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.expressions 4 201 2011-10-01 18:12:30.692
    !MESSAGE No property tester contributes a property com.aptana.ide.core.ui.nature to type class org.python.pydev.navigator.elements.PythonProjectSourceFolder
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: No property tester contributes a property com.aptana.ide.core.ui.nature to type class org.python.pydev.navigator.elements.PythonProjectSourceFolder
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TypeExtensionManager.getProperty(TypeExtensionManager.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.TestExpression.evaluate(TestExpression.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateOr(CompositeExpression.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.OrExpression.evaluate(OrExpression.java:21)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateAnd(CompositeExpression.java:53)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.AndExpression.evaluate(AndExpression.java:29)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.RegistryPageContributor.failsEnablement(RegistryPageContributor.java:311)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.RegistryPageContributor.isApplicableTo(RegistryPageContributor.java:251)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.PropertyPageContributorManager.getApplicableContributors(PropertyPageContributorManager.java:218)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.PropertyPageContributorManager.getApplicableContributors(PropertyPageContributorManager.java:237)
    at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.PropertyDialogAction.hasPropertyPagesFor(PropertyDialogAction.java:105)
    at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.PropertyDialogAction.isApplicableForSelection(PropertyDialogAction.java:147)
    at org.eclipse.ui.dialogs.PropertyDialogAction.isApplicableForSelection(PropertyDialogAction.java:127)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.resources.actions.PropertiesActionProvider.fillContextMenu(PropertiesActionProvider.java:62)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.NavigatorActionService$2.run(NavigatorActionService.java:221)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.NavigatorActionService.addCommonActionProviderMenu(NavigatorActionService.java:216)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.NavigatorActionService.fillContextMenu(NavigatorActionService.java:173)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager.fillContextMenu(CommonNavigatorManager.java:260)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager$4.menuAboutToShow(CommonNavigatorManager.java:275)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.fireAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:342)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.handleAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:473)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.access$1(MenuManager.java:469)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager$2.menuShown(MenuManager.java:495)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:247)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1077)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1058)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_INITMENUPOPUP(Control.java:4881)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4557)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:341)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1610)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2061)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4972)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.TrackPopupMenu(Native Method)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu._setVisible(Menu.java:256)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPopups(Display.java:4206)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3748)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.core.expressions 4 201 2011-10-01 18:12:30.692
    !MESSAGE No property tester contributes a property com.aptana.ide.core.ui.nature to type class org.python.pydev.navigator.elements.PythonProjectSourceFolder

• The second post in this thread I posted by mistake. It was going to be another question in separate thread.

• Could someone please try to reproduce behavior I described in comment 1. I guess those other projects do not really have to be CDT ones. I suspect the behavior could be the same for other kinds of projects as well.

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2011-10-06

It's possible that a project has both the c++ and the python nature. If you right click a project (in the pydev package explorer at least), you can choose pydev > remove pydev project config (to remove the python nature if it's a pydev project) or pydev > set as pydev project.

Note that if you open a python file in any project, pydev will automatically add the python nature to it.

Cheers,

Fabio

• Thanks Fabio for quick reply. I'll try this as soon as possible and I will post results.
    Could you please comment on log entry posted in comment 2?

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2011-10-06

Seems some issue between PyDev and Aptana Studio… Which Aptana Studio version are you using?

• Well it seems like I don't have Aptana Studio installed… Below is contents of Installed Software tab in Eclipse SDK Installation Details window:

Autotools support for CDT (Incubation)    3.0.1.201108301805  org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.feature.group  Eclipse Linux Tools
      C/C++ Development Tools   8.0.0.201109151620  org.eclipse.cdt.feature.group   Eclipse CDT
      C/C++ Library API Documentation Hover Help (Incubation)   0.3.0.201108301805  org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover.feature.group   Eclipse Linux Tools
      Eclipse SDK   3.7.1.M20110909-1335    org.eclipse.sdk.ide null
      Eclipse XML Editors and Tools 3.3.1.v201108102009-7H7EFZ3DxumTlaI6nheRdHo2p1KaDIL1Uz-S3PL org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group    Eclipse Web Tools Platform
      Eclipse XSL Developer Tools   1.3.1.v201109012200-7T7YFRTFIqUoIrvbEtBlSIJXGZNg    org.eclipse.wst.xsl.feature.feature.group   Eclipse Web Tools Platform
      JavaScript Development Tools  1.3.1.v201108102009-7F78FXRFBBoPbXRPcHfz-uy org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.feature.feature.group  Eclipse Web Tools Platform
      MercurialEclipse  1.9.0.201106191824  mercurialeclipse.feature.group  MercurialEclipse project
      PyDev for Eclipse 2.2.2.2011091514    org.python.pydev.feature.feature.group  Aptana
      Pydev Mylyn Integration   0.3.0   org.python.pydev.mylyn.feature.feature.group    Fabio Zadrozny

In the past I had Aptana Studio installed indeed but I think I haven't installed it in my current Eclipse installation (Indigo) at all.

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2011-10-06

Well, that entry in the log:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: No property tester contributes a property com.aptana.ide.core.ui.nature to type class org.python.pydev.navigator.elements.PythonProjectSourceFolder

is saying that it was a problem with  com.aptana.ide.core.ui.nature, so, maybe that's where your problem is lying (i.e.: maybe you installed aptana, removed it and somehow you're using the same metadata which still has some information from aptana? - so, there's a chance that starting things with a fresh workspace could solve your issues…)

Cheers,

Fabio

• Well, I looked for 'com.aptana.ide' string in .metadata folder in my workspace, in Eclipse installation folder and in folder with my projects with no results. Very strange…