Cannot create Pydev Project

J C
2010-05-28
2013-03-15
  • J C
    J C
    2010-05-28

After installing PyDev, I find that almost none of its functionality is working, but Eclipse says that it is installed properly (and therefore won't let me reinstall). I cannot uninstall it as the PyDev manual advises, because the 'Uninstall' button is grayed out. When in PyDev viewing mode, I cannot create a PyDev project.

Oddly, even after uninstalling Eclipse (including config files) and reinstalling it, the PyDev plugin remains, though functionless, and I can't uninstall it (or reinstall it). How can I get PyDev working, either by reinstalling it or by reconfiguring it?

• J C
    J C
    2010-05-28

Sorry, I forgot to add, and it's probably important - I'm running Ubuntu (Karmic).

• Fabio Zadrozny
    Fabio Zadrozny
    2010-06-01

The problem usually lies in the configuration files, so, reinstalling eclipse with those doesn't make much difference…  Have you followed the instructions at: http://pydev.org/manual_101_install.html for the uninstall (it's on the bottom of that page). Note that there are differences from uninstalling depending on the way you installed (.zip or update site).

It seems a good number of people are getting corrupted installs… are you using the .zip file? I'll see if I can sign the next releases (in the hope that eclipse will be able to properly determine the file is corrupt).

Cheers,

Fabio