Code Completion

2005-01-26
2013-03-15
  • Hi,

using eclipse 3.0.1 and PyDev 0.8.5. Code completion doesnt seem to work on my installation. When I trigger ot with Ctrl+Space or ".", I see a lot of text on the console and eclipse hangs while the text is still scrolling. I let it go for sometime, but it never stopped. I had to kill it. On RHEL3U3WS.

thanks,
    Kalyan

• Fabio Zadrozny
      Fabio Zadrozny
      2005-01-26

Which python version are you using?

• V 2.2.3 on RHEL3U2

kalyan

• Fabio Zadrozny
          Fabio Zadrozny
          2005-01-28

Is the system PYTHONPATH set correctly? (not the one from the project properties)

And is the PYTHONPATH in the project properties set correctly?

• Yes, they are. But from the other post, I see 0.8.5 requires Python 2.3 and I am using 2.2.2. Could this be the problem?

Also, even after I set PaythonPath from Project Properties (Project->Properties->PyDev->Restore->Add), I am unable to import my modules. Help!

Kalyan

• Fabio Zadrozny
        Fabio Zadrozny
        2005-01-31

This should not be a problem for code completion...

Maybe the problem is the same some people are having on python 2.4... Try to get all the *.pyc files deleted from the pydev installation, this might be a problem (or not, try it, and if it still does not work, check if there is something in your error log: windows->show view->error log)

Fabio

• Deleted all .pyc files. No luck. hanged on windows. hanged on above said LINUX configuration. Only this time, no scroling text ... Just

"Build"
      "Visiting Delta"

:( Why? Why me?

• Fabio Zadrozny
        Fabio Zadrozny
        2005-02-01

Is python configured correctly?

In windows->preferences->pydev->Debug, if python is not in your path, you have to point to the executable.

If that doesn't work, how are you testing it? Maybe your code is getting into some kind of loop while making the code completion... Are you testing with a simple script? Try creating an empty script and just Ctrl+Space on it (it should bring the python builtins...)

• No sir. Same situation. Just hangs. Python is configured properly. did a ctrl+Space on an empty script.

• using 2.4 resolved the problem.