Two bugs

• leonbloy

1. In some cases (I couldn't spot a pattern) the path in the prompt has some character missing: Eg:

C:\wk\compilers\dm> cd bin
      C:\wk\compilers\d\bin> cd ..
      C:\wk\compilers\dm> cd bin
      C:\wk\compilers\d\bin> cd ..\test

2. When I run an executable from PyCmd, there seems to be a filehandle that it is not closed when the program ends: after the x.exe is run, I cannot delete or rename it. This problem is fatal in my compile+run+recompile scenario.

C:\wk\compilers\d\test> ..\bin\dmc.exe -o x.exe x.c
      link x,x,,user32+kernel32/noi;
      C:\wk\compilers\d\test> x.exe
      P1 = [0 0]
      C:\wk\compilers\d\test> ..\bin\dmc.exe -o x.exe x.c
      OPTLINK : Error 3: Cannot Create File x.exe
      C:\wk\compilers\d\test> del x.exe
      The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Finally, a suggestion: PyCmd seems to redefine the "cd" command so that (when
    invoked without arguments) changes to the home directory (as in Unix) instead
    of printing the current directory (as in Windows). This does not sound
    reasonable to me; for one thing, lacking the 'pwd' command, it turns difficult
    to print the current directory.

• leonbloy

I forgot to add: I'm using PyCmd 0.7 with Win7 (64 bits)

• Horea Haitonic
    Horea Haitonic

ERROR! The markdown supplied could not be parsed correctly. Did you forget to surround a code snippet with "~~~~"?

1 is the effect of the path abbreviation -- see [
    net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1127597&aid=3151994&group_id=261720) for
    2 is a bug fixed by e3a34cfad35de3e054780fe285916923fd8a3655 -- see [https://s](
    WRT the last suggestion: %CD% gives you the current path, in both cmd.exe and
    PyCmd. Personally, I find the Unix behavior more useful, but maybe it's just
    me. This is definitely something that will qualify as a configurable option as
    soon as I get around to adding a configuration mechanism to PyCmd...