Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

successfully compiled for python 2.6 64bits

2010-03-12
2013-04-25
  • Miguel Moreto
    Miguel Moreto
    2010-03-12

First of all, thanks for the developers of this module. It was very useful for my phd research.

I would like to let you know that I successfully compiled pyclips 1.0.7.348 for python 2.6.4 (64bits) in windows 7 64bits. I created also a binary windows installer for that.

The compiler I used was MS Visual Studio Express 2008 with windows 7 64bits SDK.

The module seens to work fine, but I did not test all of its functions, only those that I was using in my software.
    I would like to ask the developers if I can make this windows installer available in my website as an "unofficial release" of pyclips. Or I can send you, so you can publish in pyclips website.

Many thanks and best regards,

Miguel Moreto
    Florianopolis - Brazil

• Hi Miguel,

this is obviously good news - especially the fact that it works on Win64 (the test suite comes with the source package, in the "testsuite" directory: to use the test suite just try the following:

cd testsuite
    python tests.py

It tests most of the functions that PyCLIPS provides.

I have to decide whether or not to publish WinXX binaries: my idea was to just provide the source packages along with instructions on how to build… I don't use Windows anymore, so it becomes difficult to me to consider such binaries as official and distribute them on SF. But of course you can make them available: don't forget to publish the download address here too, so other users can benefit of your work.

Thank you,

F.

• Miguel Moreto
    Miguel Moreto
    2010-04-13

Hello,

I published the 64bits installer for windows with python 2.6 (64bits) in:

http://sites.google.com/site/miguelmoreto/home-eng/downloads

Thanks for the tip about the test suite. I executed and it worked fine for all testings until "Testing: BLoad …" when python executable crashed. Do you have any idea of how can I invetigate further the cause of the crash? I don't know if the problem is pyclips or python.

Regards,

M. Moreto

• 3oheme
    3oheme
    2010-09-19

Hi Miguel, would you mind to give me a link for this unnoficial release?

Thanks

• 3oheme
    3oheme
    2010-09-19

(Sorry, I was reading just the first comment)