Etc...

travlr
2005-04-26
2013-04-25
  • travlr
    travlr
    2005-04-26

Cont. from previous dialog:

I'm working from a gentoo linux box, and would love to see PyClips incorporated into their "portage" system. Maybe when I'm a bit more wise to the ways, I can help in some possible ways. I anticipate utilizing pyclips alot! BTW, any thoughts on including the "Fuzzy" extension, or maybe others.?

travlr

• Hi travlr...

well, all help (comments help too) is strongly encouraged. In fact I don't know a quick way to get a portage version of the package, but probably this is just a matter of investigation.

The point about FuzzyCLIPS is a little more sad, unfortunately, as it is about other extensions. I was interested in FuzzyCLIPS too, but er... the license... it's not open source! :-( The same (maybe even worse) happens to a further CLIPS release I'd love to put my hands on, that is the one that implements backward chaining (a la prolog), which is a proprietary product derived from CLIPS. Too bad.

My intentions are to enhance PyCLIPS in order to provide a moer "pythonic" way to handle knowledge bases and the inference system itself. I already have some ideas (paper sheets that, with other "more remunerative" projects, literally cover my floor) but I still have to do a lot to get something useful.

But don't loose your spirit: if you find any other improvements you'd like to see in PyCLIPS, let's just discuss about it here!

Cheers,

F.