Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

error with memory full

luxatwork
2011-08-26
2013-03-08
  • luxatwork
    luxatwork
    2011-08-26

Hi
    I tried the program with a solid (perhaps large ?….21:22 INFO Imported STL model: 484 vertices, 0 edges, 964 triangles)
    and I get an error that I later discovered trivially, an error
    that occurs because the memory (both RAM and swap) is filled.

While pycam calculate, the Resource Monitor shows me the ram grow - fill, and then the same with the swap file.
    I have 4gb of ram and 5gb on a system linux ( ubuntu natty 64 bit )

It is as if it were all calculations in memory without downloading them on a file ( like txt )
    I know that the cams programs  are exorbitant in terms of memory and the files can be several MB.

I used cam owners (auton) that did this (download file calculations) in order not to burden the ram and swap.

you can implement the same thing?

ps. I know , I can use bounding box,  but in reality the problem is not resolved

ps2 . LOL .. sorry for my english.. if my teacher the school saw as I write, she kill me!

• luxatwork
    luxatwork
    2011-08-26

opss  4gb of ram and 5 gb of swap file.

• Lars
    Lars
    2011-08-27

Hi luxatwork,

thanks for your feedback - that sounds like an interesting issue!

In general: 1000 triangles should be trivial and consume just a few MB of RAM. I guess, you will notice ressource allocation problems starting with many ten thousand triangles with PyCAM …

Anyway: could you just send me the model files (sumpralle  users.sourceforge.net) and a description of your process settings? Which version of PyCAM do you use?

cheers,
    Lars

• luxatwork
    luxatwork
    2011-08-27

sumpfralle,

Ok !! I do a test to simulate the error,
    some screenshots
    and then emai to you the 3dmodel , tasksetting of pycam ( 0.5.1-1 all deb )
    there is also another bug memory related…I'll explain it in the mail.

bye

• luxatwork
    luxatwork
    2011-08-27

ah !!   you wrote : could you just send me the model files (sumpralle  users.sourceforge.net)

i think .. sumpFralle  ……..

• Lars
    Lars
    2011-08-30

We found the source of the problem after some discussion via mail.
    Ubuntu natty (11.4) ships with Python 2.7 as the default. Due to whatever reasons Python 2.7 seems to not work well together with PyCAM. The symptoms look like some kind of memory leak. I will research this …
    Conclusion: install Python 2.6 and run PyCAM via "python2.6 pycam" if you are running into this problem.

• Anonymous
    2012-01-23

This is a problem on most distros, as most modern distros are shipping with python 2.7 and python 3.2