Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

pyacad examples?

B Decker
2005-07-11
2013-03-22
  • B Decker
    B Decker
    2005-07-11

Hello,

I have recompiled pyacad 0.42 from source for python 2.2.1 and intellicad 2000. Although there seemed no documentation on how to build the missing "_ads.dll", I was able to deduce by examining the source that this was probably "python_ic2000.dll" renamed. I also had to make a small change to ads_module.c to get it to initialize properly under windoze (the linker script drops the init_ads_module function from dll). But it might have something to do with my migrating the project files to MSVC 7.x.

Now that bit is done, I was wondering if you had a test suite/demonstrations that I could use to determine if everything is OK. The documentation discusses the architecture from a concept view, but there are no real-world examples to try, or even a screen shot of what is possible between python-acad.

Is this project still being maintained? Also, it may be worthwhile to examine a Linux port using the new Linux-Intellicad.

Thanks,
    Ben
    www.caddit.net

• VikMan
      VikMan
      2008-12-05

Please, someone send me a example.

I need to create a line and a circle. Thats all.

I am using Python 2.5
      Pywin32 for Python 2.5

This code, works very well:

from win32com.client import Dispatch
      acad = Dispatch("AutoCAD.Application")
      acad.Visible=1
      doc = acad.ActiveDocument
      doc.Utility.Prompt("Hello from Python\n")

But I don't Know how to create a circle or line.

Thanks.

Victor

e-mail: vpando2005@gmail.com