From: Jimmy Retzlaff <jimmy@re...> - 2005-10-07 06:10:33
py2exe 0.6.3 released
py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts Python scripts
into executable Windows programs, able to run without requiring a
Python installation. Console and Windows (GUI) applications, Windows
NT services, exe and dll COM servers are supported.
Changes in 0.6.3:
* First release assembled by py2exe's new maintainer, Jimmy
Retzlaff. Code changes in this release are from Thomas Heller
and Gordon Scott.
* The dll-excludes option is now available on the command line.
It was only possible to specify that in the options argument to
the setup function before.
The dll-excludes option can now be used to filter out dlls like
msvcr71.dll or even w9xpopen.exe.
* Fix from Gordon Scott: py2exe crashed copying extension modules
Changes in 0.6.2:
* Several important bugfixes:
- bundled extensions in packages did not work correctly, this
made the wxPython single-file sample fail with newer wxPython
- occasionally dlls/pyds were loaded twice, with very strange
- the source distribution was not complete.
- it is now possible to build a debug version of py2exe.
Changes in 0.6.1:
* py2exe can now bundle binary extensions and dlls into the
library-archive or the executable itself. This allows to
finally build real single-file executables.
The bundled dlls and pyds are loaded at runtime by some special
code that emulates the Windows LoadLibrary function - they are
never unpacked to the file system.
This part of the code is distributed under the MPL 1.1, so this
license is now pulled in by py2exe.
* By default py2exe now includes the codecs module and the
* Several other fixes.
Download from the usual location: