* py2exe can now be built from the sources
does this imply that I can use
py2exe to build applications without having MSVC installed, or only that
I can build py2exe using mingw32 ?
Thomas Heller <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sent by: email@example.com
07/09/2004 09:25 PM
[Py2exe-users] py2exe 0.5.2 released
The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
that has been posted to comp.lang.python.announce,comp.lang.python as well.
**py2exe 0.5.2** released
py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts python scripts
into executable windows programs, able to run without requiring a
python installation. Console and Windows (GUI) applications, windows
NT services, exe and dll COM servers are supported.
This is a bugfix release.
* Print a message explaining what's going on whan a service
exe is started from the command line.
* py2exe did build invalid version resources, they didn't
correctly on Win98 at least. Patch by Roger
* Fix a buffer overflow in the C code. Patch by Ralf
bug item #893310
* py2exe now (again) has a builtin list of dlls which should
* Patch sys.winver in the distributed pythonXY.dll, so that
no possibility of conflicts with existing distributions
registry keys found there. Patch by Mark Hammond.
* Fix several problems when an exception in a 'windows' exe
* Include a workaround for unbounded recursion in modulefinder
Jason Jorendorff's path module is installed
See also http://python.org/sf/876278
* Fix problems when package_dir is set in the setup script,
* py2exe can now be built from the sources with mingw32
* py2exe does now handle precompile .pyo and .pyc files (patch
* Fix a problem when the exe's directory contains single
* Register service dependencies when installing a service
* Return an exit code of 255 from the exe when there's an
exception running the main script.
* Print a warning instead of failing to build with weird
Suggested by Cory Dodt.
This SF.Net email sponsored by Black Hat Briefings & Training.
Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas July 24-29 -
digital self defense, top technical experts, no vendor pitches,
unmatched networking opportunities. Visit www.blackhat.com
Py2exe-users mailing list