it seems I can't upload a patch for 2789307, so I'm opening a new issue.
this totally needs work, as there are a few issues right now:
1. this uses fscanf. i am very sorry about that and will sacrifice my cat in exchange for forgiveness (it should be "secure" since i limit the size of the %s, but I never trust fscanf)
2. when importing from the result of --exportdb, the quotes are not stripped off, nor the headers
3. the code is generally ugly: it's been years since i did C++, sorry again.
4. import destroys the database (or rather, it tells you it already exists): it should behave like mergedb instead
5. it takes a file argument, while --exportdb doesn't
So some work remains, but it's a good start. It should allow me to import my passwords from kedpm (i hope).