Its done and available for download. This release is focused on lots of usability enhancements and bug
fixes. There are some new features as well in the many included
Here's the rough changelog:
- fixed strict-aliasing build problems with cyclone, iemlib, bsaylor, and sigpack
- added/fixed "Next Window" menu item and key binding (Cmd-` on Mac OS X)... read more
Pd-extended 0.40.3 released, dedicated to Jamie Tittle, aka tigital.
This release is dedicated to Jamie Tittle, aka tigital, who recently died of cancer. He was a long time and key contributor to Gem and Pd in general, even while he was in the hospital undergoing treatment. He is sorely missed in this community, and I am sure by many others.
Some highlights of this release:
* more functional namespace tools ([declare] and [import])
* new appearance designed to enhance readability
* GLSL shader support in Gem
* usability improvements
* on Mac OS X, you can now build "standalone" applications
* standard locations for user-installed externals
* many bug fixes... read more
Finally, Miller Puckette has announced the release of Pure-data 0.41.0
fully 64bit capable - running Pure-data in a native 64bit environment
improved callback-based audio-api
other features (that have now slipped my mind)
available via sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=55736&package_id=50769
or directly form miller puckette's homepage at
Finally, Pd-0.39.3-extended has been released on all platforms!
Finally, it's done. The most polished release of Pd yet. We are further refining Pd into a truly powerful and usable programming platform.
* new font and layout is the exact same size on all platforms to the pixel
* PDP/PiDiP work out-of-box on Mac OS X
* Gem has working shader support
* many new libraries: mapping, msd,
* [comport] is robust on all platforms
* -font-face and -font-weight command line options... read more
This is the first unified build of Pd-extended, it runs on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. It also included a very large collection of objects, documentation, examples, and manuals.
A beta version of the Windows installer has been released. It is the product of a unified build system for all of the code in the CVS.
A beta version of the MacOS X installer has been released. It is the product of a unified build system for all of the code in the CVS.