Steps to reproduce:
1. Extracts and build libupnp-1.6.18
$ tar -xjf /path/to/archive/libupnp-1.6.18.tar.bz2
$ cd libupnp-1.6.18
2. Applies the attached patch and remake.
$ patch -p1 < /path/to/patch/libupnp-1.6.18.patch
3. Run tv_device.
$ cd upnp/sample
4. Run tv_ctrlpt; the tv_ctrlpt crashes soon.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
This is an issue report about the sample program of control point.
The tv_ctrlpt crashes after detecting a tvdevice that contains tvcontrol:2 or higher version of tvcontrol service.
tv_ctrlpt should detect correctly such devices due to forward compatibility of control points with device.
For more information about the compatibility, please refer the following document:
DLNA Architectures and Protocols Part 1 2011 December - 18.104.22.168.3 (GUN:GZJXU)
The attached patch changes the sample programs as below:
- device: changes version of tvcontrol service from 1 to 2. This change may occur in the future.
- cp: nothing changed: cp knows version 1 of tvcontrol service only.
I know many vendors implements their control points based on the tv_ctrlpt, so I hope to fix this issue ASAP.