CAPTIONS

2008-09-07
2013-05-01
  • Dave Thorne
    Dave Thorne
    2008-09-07

is it possible to wrap text in the captions output box?

• Dave Thorne
      Dave Thorne
      2008-09-09

this issue is partly resolved by the release of 1.3 THANKS is there any way that we can have more control over the position of the text and if we could stroke a box around it?

• Dave Thorne
      Dave Thorne
      2009-01-13

I have used the ambersand "&" character in my IPTC Description field but when this is used in CSX i get "&amp:". any ideas on how i can stop this aprt from not using that character.

thanks

Dave

• xbytor
      xbytor
      2009-01-15

I haven't been getting notifications when messages are posted here, so I'm sorry if I'm a bit late.

The position of the caption can only be managed using the alignment options on the Caption panel. There may be another option for modifying the horizontal position, but that would only be useful for single column sheets.

-X

• xbytor
      xbytor
      2009-01-15

As for the '&' character problem...

I've seen PS do this kind of thing in other contexts, but not here.

I'll test it out and let you know what I find.

-X

• walter1604
      walter1604
      2009-08-09

'%Wx%H %Rppi'  does not work for me  PhotoShop CS3  in CSX-1_4_2
      am I missing something
      '%Wx%H %Rppi' %F %S %W %H %W %N %T only returns filename.ext  Size  and the two dates

The others are missing

• xbytor
        xbytor
        2009-08-09

You need to go to the Advanced panel and change the hiperfMode setting to Basic. This will make CSX open the images before copying them into the contact sheet instead of placing them into the sheet as SmartObjects. It's slower, especially for large (raw) images, but a side effect is that it gives CSX full access to all of the images' metadata. CSX should do this automatically, but I apparently introduced a bug in v1.4.2. If Bridge is open, it will try to get metadata on the images via Bridge, but that too is slow and in v1.4.2 is broken, too.
        I'll be rolling out v1.4.3 in a month or so that will fix this and several other related problems.

• Tom Nelson
    Tom Nelson
    2010-09-09

Hello, thanks for this amazing tool.

I would like to position captions horizontally for my single column sheets, Above you mention this may be possible. May I ask how?

I have an issue where if I use captions the image is slightly reduced or squashed so there is some white space at the bottom of the image (I place the caption at the bottom right). It does this even if I select 'overlay'.

Thanks again.

T.

• Tom Nelson
    Tom Nelson
    2010-09-09

This is in CS5