NTLM Auth

Kevin Pors
2007-03-28
2013-04-22
  • Kevin Pors
    Kevin Pors
    2007-03-28

Hi,

Recently I've been outsourced to 'BigAcme Corp.'. Of course, only port 80 and 443 are allowed here. Some crappy ISA server proxy is using NTLM, but authorization does not occur using the CONNECT string: it seems that this proxy of mine uses the following method of 'handshaking':

http://www.innovation.ch/personal/ronald/ntlm.html

This documentation does not mention CONNECT, but some other scheme. Through packet sniffing I have confirmed this. Therefore, issuing the following command:

proxytunnel --proxy=MYPROXY:80 --dest=MYHOST:443 --ntlm --domain=NTDOMAIN --user=USER--pass=PASS -v -a 22

...does not work correctly. The program is indeed constructing a connection to the proxy server, and when verbosity is ON I see nice debugging information, but no response from the proxy.

Is there any way for you guys to get around this? C++ is not my strongest language, or else I would lend a hand.

• Mark Janssen
      Mark Janssen
      2007-03-28

Can you try proxytunnel 1.6rc2 ... there have been reports of issues with the 1.7 versions and NTLM... we only have no way of testing this... due to not having access to an NTLM proxy