• Don B. Cilly
    Don B. Cilly

There is a little windows app that I would really like to use (with Wine).
    But, as geo-blocking and apartheiding are getting worse by the minute, I would have to use it with Tor.

Now, after a couple of days of banging my head against any available hard surface - it's a pretty hard head, but it's not looking very pretty by now - I came across this lovely project. Which, contrary to just about anything else I tried, actually seems to do it. Anything I try works faultlessly, even proxychains google-chrome doesn't even blink (try that with usewithtor:)

Except, of course, the little Wine app, which seems to work… except at login I get geo-caught, spat upon, and laughed at for good measure.

It looks as if, even though I use proxychains littlewineapp.exe, (the app launches and connects just fine and all) the Wine just ignores the proxychains and goes straight to its geo-doom and gloom.

Any suggestion?

• Don B. Cilly
    Don B. Cilly

Not the right place to get help?
    But then there isn't another on on the "support" page.
    Could it be a port issue? Do I have to redirect/open/something?

Come on, pretty please, there has to be a solution to this.

me@it:~$ WINEDEBUG="+winsock" proxychains '/home/me/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/winapplets/winapplet.exe'
    ProxyChains-3.1 (
    ERROR: object '' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
    trace:winsock:DllMain 0x681f0000 0x1 0x1
    fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation 0x1cde000 0 0x32fd4c 4
    fixme:shell:SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID L"thatthing": stub
    trace:winsock:WSAStartup verReq=101
    trace:winsock:WSAStartup succeeded
    fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
    fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
    trace:winsock:DllMain 0x681f0000 0x2 (nil)
    fixme:resource:GetGuiResources (0xffffffff,1): stub
    trace:winsock:DllMain 0x681f0000 0x2 (nil)
    trace:winsock:WS_socket af=2 type=1 protocol=0
    trace:winsock:WSASocketA af=2 type=1 protocol=0 protocol_info=(nil) group=0 flags=0x1
    trace:winsock:WSASocketW created 00a4
    trace:winsock:_remap_optname level=6, optname=1
    trace:winsock:WS_setsockopt socket: 00a4, level 0x6, name 0x1, ptr 0x24fcb18, len 4
    trace:winsock:WSAIoctl 164, 0x8004667e, 0x24fca08, 4, 0x24fca08, 4, 0x24fc9d8, (nil), (nil)
    trace:winsock:WS_connect socket 00a4, ptr 0x24fe984 { family AF_INET, address , port 22002 }, length 16
    warn:winsock:wsaErrno errno 115, (Operation now in progress).
    trace:winsock:WS_select read (nil), write 0x24fca14, excp (nil) timeout 0x24fca0c
    trace:winsock:WSAIoctl 164, 0x8004667e, 0x24fca08, 4, 0x24fca08, 4, 0x24fc9dc, (nil), (nil)
    fixme:ver:RtlGetProductInfo (6,0,0,0,0x32cc64): stub
    trace:winsock:DllMain 0x681f0000 0x3 (nil)

• Don B. Cilly
    Don B. Cilly

Bunch of wimps :)

Anyway. I'll give you one more clue.
    It's not a port issue. If I proxychain the Wine Internet Exploder, it uses my real, damned, apartheid, geoloco, address. With port 80. So it's the Wine. It doesn't Tor. Why not? Do I really have to use Microsoft Windows?

• rofl0r

proxychains works only for things that call socket() and similar API's via (i.e. dynamic object).
    if your wine is statically linked or uses linux syscalls directly, it won't work.
    in that case you can still try to rebuild wine in a dynamically linked way, or use something like