Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

How to save Presettings?

Help
akhalin
2009-06-07
2013-05-14
  • akhalin
    akhalin
    2009-06-07

Hi,

I have been using ProjectX with Windows Vista OS for more than one year. Earlier there has been no problems with the PreSettings, but now I have noticed that I am not able to save them anymore. This means I have to do all the same things again and again while preparing the files to be processed. Something has happened with the operating system - I had a recent problem with the Vista, and some files were deleted from my computer. However, I would like to hear how to restore the earlier situation. I seems that the X.ini file is not available (in the ProjectX file folder), although I have saved the PreSettings I have done, and the program says they will be saved as X.ini file.

Who can help me in this issue?

Regards akhalin

• akhalin
      akhalin
      2009-06-09

Just as a corrective to the above mentioned problem: this seems to be an User Account Control (UAC) problem. Because the Vista OS is hindering the access to the folder where ProjectX is located - although I am the administrator for the PC -, I decided to turn the UAC off. After I had done this and restarted the PC, there was no problems to save the presettings.

Another, and probably better solution is to locate the ProjectX programme, not to the C:\Program files, but to some other place or folder that you have created yourself.

akhalin