Design Templates?

Help
Joe
2006-12-28
2013-04-25
  • Joe

Joe - 2006-12-28

Hello everyone,

Let me first begin by saying that this is my first post to this forum so please be gentle. I have been playing with AIML on and off since 2002, and love it! I have recently decided to add my bot to my portfolio of work. However, before doing that I want to dress her up and make her look pretty! So, therefore I took her off of pandorabots.org and I am now in the process of moving her to my own server space.

I have installed Program E and so far have had success with most everything! However, I am running into problems designing a front end template. Not really knowing where to start I decided that I would edit talk.php using an external CSS file to define style and layout. This has worked pretty good. However, I am unable to get the bot's responses to follow the CSS.

I have lots of experience with HTML and CSS but not a whole lot with PHP. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, or provide examples of templates that others have developed?

Here's my bot:
    http://www.redbuddhamedia.com/sivle/src/talk.php
    (because of design problems you will need to highlight her responses with your mouse to read them.)

Joe
    www.RedBuddhaMedia.com

• Magnus

Magnus - 2006-12-28

First, the bots response are "printed" before the actual HTML.
      Take a look att the HTML source and you'll see.

Try to "echo" the response where you want the response to be.
      I'm not sure where you find the actual code in talk.php, but i will bring my own bot online later tonight so maybe i will come back on this.

• Joe

Joe - 2006-12-28

Dude, that was awesome! The "echo" works great! I *just* started learning PHP and its moments like these that make the learnng process so much fun!!!!! Thanks alot!!

Joe