Cookies, Session ID, and Tracking Convos

Help
2005-08-19
2013-04-25
  • I'd really like to find a solution to this.

I've loaded the database with a single, simple test AIML file:

<aiml>
    <category>
    <pattern>Test that</pattern>
    <template>I love tests.</template>
    </category>

<category>
    <pattern>Check test</pattern>
    <that>I love tests</that>
    <template>Test passed</ template>
    </category>

I'm using the default talk.php file and connecting to the server on a LOCAL network machine (not the web). When I do the intial "Test that", the cookie is set on my PC named PHPSESSID. 

When I do the next step it comes up with no answer. The cookie is set, but it doesn't seem to be getting what it needs to follow the convo and get the response.

Here's the output of stuff I'm printing to the page when running the test. This includes the id, $botresponse->inputs, and $botresponse->patternsmatched:

Response to "Test that":

8fd2a09603525a51e65f95c037b6d294
    RESPONSE: I love tests.
    execution time: 0.034279
    numselects= 8
    Array ( [0] => test that : : undefined ) Array ( [0] => test that : * : * )

Response to "Test check":

8fd2a09603525a51e65f95c037b6d294
    RESPONSE:
    execution time: 0.033496
    numselects= 7
    Array ( [0] => test check : I love tests : undefined ) Array ( [0] => )

It seems to see the previous reply in the aray above ^, but doesn't answer with anything because the second array shows no matching pattern?

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP1, IIS 5.1 and PHP 4.3.11 I've tried it in both Firefox 1.0.6 and IE 6. 

It may be something in my PHP settings, but I'm not sure what to look for since everything related to cookies and sessions seems to be ok. The cookie is being set, the session id is the same. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sorry, I made a mistake with the previous post...the "Test check" should be "Check test"...=P

• tanoshimi
        tanoshimi
        2005-08-20

Is this exactly what is says in your aiml file? The sample above has </ template> rather than </template> which will cause an XML error and the second pattern won't get loaded by botloader...

• No space in the actual AIML template. I double checked to make sure. I guess the board did that.