Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Problem with util.php

Help
Docs
2006-08-17
2013-04-25
  • Docs
    Docs
    2006-08-17

When i run talk.php i get these 2 errors

Warning: Wrong parameter count for preg_replace() in /home/docs/public_html/Illiana/src/util.php on line 588

Warning: Wrong parameter count for preg_replace() in /home/docs/public_html/Illiana/src/util.php on line 588

and the bot doesnt seem to take in any of what i say to it. :(.

RESPONSE: Perhaps I'm just expressing my own concern about it.

:(

• Docs
      Docs
      2006-08-17

Line 558 is $cfull=preg_replace($contractsearch,$contractreplace,$cfull);

• Anne Kootstra
        Anne Kootstra
        2006-08-18

In order to help you out can you elaborate on which PHP and MySQL version you are running and which steps you have undertaken.

Although just a hunch, do keep in mind that the AIML set needs to be loaded into the MySQL database before someone can chat to it.

Kind regards,

Anne.

• Docs
      Docs
      2006-08-18

i'm using debian sarge/MYSQL 4.0.24/PHP 2.3.5/Apache 2.0.54.

i have put the bot in a web directory and ran botloader.php without any troubles the AIML i loaded was from alice-aiml-2.0-programe.zip distrubuted from http://www.icomsec.com/. I named my MYSQL database 'bot' not 'bots' but i dont think that would make a difference if i specified it in the dbprefs.php. I did have a little trouble with subs.inc and ended up making an empty file.

• Anne Kootstra
        Anne Kootstra
        2006-08-18

Hmm, subs.inc is a file that is required by the regular expression function you are having a problem with. It contains the expressions for the substitutions set in the startup.xml.

Perhaps you should take a look if this function can be used at all. Also I have my doubts wether you are running PHP version 2.3.5. If this is the case, then upgrade to at least version 4.

Regards,

Anne.

• Docs
      Docs
      2006-08-18

i also chmod 777 the subs.inc file to make it read and write. The version of E is the one from the Program E pack on www.icomsec.com .