Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Database Entry

Help
Calipsy
2005-04-08
2013-04-25
  • Calipsy
    Calipsy
    2005-04-08

I want to add knowledge to my bot directly in the database. which tables shoul I add my inputs?

- just templates table or should I also add something into patterns table?

Is there a documentation where I can read and understand how the AIML is allocated inside the database?

Thanks...

• tanoshimi
      tanoshimi
      2005-04-10

Whilst it is possible to edit the information directly in the SQL tables, it's not the recommended way, and as such you're unlikely to find any guides on how to do it.

Try editing the .AIML files instead, and then reload them into SQL using the botloader.php function.

• Calipsy
        Calipsy
        2005-04-11

Ok. I will do that. However I have other question:
        For study purpose, I am "playing" with program E bot and pandorabot. I uploaded the AAA sets in both bots, but pE bot is not responding well. It even does not give any response for simple questions such as "hello". So, I presume that pE bot interpret aiml in diferent way than pandora.
        My question is where the tags <srai>, <that>, <random>, <li>  <person>, etc are allocated in the database? Is it in the pattern table?

because if I will edit the set I need to have some parameters for my pE bot understand it and give me more appropriate responses.

Thanks.

• Anne Kootstra
          Anne Kootstra
          2005-04-11

It isn't guarenteed that every AIML chatterbot that uses the AAA AIML set will behave exactly the same way under the exact same situation. For example when a botmaster opts to at random pick an answer out of a fixed list of replies, it can not be guarenteed.

Your problem, however, seems to be of a different nature. Not responding to an input a different AIML interpreter with the exact same set does return a reply is odd to say the least. Could you be more specific regarding how the bot loading process went?

As ever

Anne Kootstra
          Founding Member AIML.info, Main developer Program E
          http://www.aiml.info       http://sourceforge.net/projects/programe

e-mail & msn messenger:   
          anne@aiml.info

• Calipsy
            Calipsy
            2005-04-12

The installation seemed to be ok. It went untill its end and stated that I had around 4.500 categories. Just to illustrate: I say "HI" the bot responded with  "HI THERE"; If I say "HELLO" it does not responde. The same apply for "BYE" it does not respond.
            You can talk to my bot LEXYS here: http://cyber-minds.net/Talk/flashchat.php

Bellow is a part of salutations.aiml from AAA sets.
            <category><pattern>I HAVE TO GET GOING</pattern><template><srai>goodbye</srai></template></category>                  
            <category><pattern>GOODNIGHT *</pattern><template><srai>goodnight</srai></template></category>                   
            <category><pattern>GOODNITE *</pattern><template><srai>goodnight</srai></template></category>                   
            <category><pattern>BYE</pattern><template>   <random>      <li>Bye.</li>      <li>Adios.</li>      <li>Goodbye.</li>      <li>Bye bye.</li>      <li>Goodbye.</li>      <li>Sayonara.</li>      <li>Bye for now.</li>      <li>See you later!</li>      <li>See you later.</li>      <li>Until next time.</li>      <li>TTYL, <get name="name"/>.</li>      <li>See you later <get name="name"/>.</li>      <li>Thanks for chatting, <get name="name"/>.</li>     </random>    </template></category>    
            <category><pattern>HI THERE *</pattern><template>   <sr/>     <srai>hello</srai>    </template></category>    
            <category><pattern>HELLO *</pattern><template>Hello there. <sr/>    </template></category>    
            <category><pattern>HELLO THERE</pattern><template>Salutations, <get name="name"/>    </template></category>    
            <category><pattern>GOOD EVENING</pattern><template>Good evening, <get name="name"/>, how are you tonight?</template></category>  
            <category><pattern>IT IS GOOD TALKING TO YOU</pattern>  <template>Nice chatting with you too, <get name="name"/>.</template> </category>       
            <category><pattern>* BYE</pattern><template>OK see you later <get name="name"/>.</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>HELLO AGAIN</pattern><template>Hi there. I was just wanting to talk to <get name="name"/>.</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>GOOD NIGHT</pattern><template>Goodnight, <get name="name"/>.</template></category>        
            <category><pattern>SHALOM</pattern><template>Does SHALOM mean Hello or Goodbye?</template></category>  
            <category><pattern>WHAT IS SHALOM</pattern><template>Does shalom mean hello or goodbye?</template></category>  
            <category><pattern>YOUR WELCOME</pattern><template>I think you mean "you are welcome".</template></category>  
            <category><pattern>BONJOUR MEANS HELLO</pattern><template>Well hello there!</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>BONJOUR</pattern><template>Does BONJOUR mean hello or goodbye?</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>CIAO</pattern><template>Does CIAO mean hello or goodbye?</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>HELLO HOW ARE YOU</pattern><template>I am fine thank you how are you?</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>HELLO</pattern><template>Hi there!</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>HOW IS EVERYONE *</pattern><template>We are all fine as far as I know.</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>I WANT TO LEAVE</pattern><template>Ok, bye bye.</template></category>    
            <category><pattern>MY PLEASRE</pattern><template>The pleasure was indeed mine.</template></category>    

• Anne Kootstra
      Anne Kootstra
      2005-04-12

The standard AAA set has over 45,000 categories. So unless you wrote a type or your chatterbot didn't load all the  categories in the AIML set

Anne Kootstra
      Founding Member AIML.info, Main developer Program E
      http://www.aiml.info http://sourceforge.net/projects/programe

e-mail & msn messenger: 
      anne@aiml.info

• Calipsy
      Calipsy
      2005-04-12

Just to make sure that I did the right thing, I dropped all the tables in the database and upload the AAA sets again. At the end of installation I got the message:

DONE LOADING

Inserted 46340 categories into database

execution time: 189 second

Templates per second: 245

Anyway, I still have the problem mentioned.
      Any suggestions?