Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Bot Loader wont Populate DB Tables

Help
falazar
2006-02-24
2013-04-25
  • falazar
    falazar
    2006-02-24

Just had a question about the chatbot,  I cannot get the initial one to load.

I have the php and everything, tables and db are setup, and I get ready to run botloader.php.  It does not complete and find a Bot though.  It is throwing no errors, it appears to be reading the basic start xml files it needs, but goes through OK empty.

I tried the Inc version as well with thesabe results.

For the XML files I have
    readme.txt  startup.xml  std-65percent.aiml  std-pickup.aiml

I am fairly good at PHP programming hence picking this package, but I cant quite understand what the code is trying to do here, so any assistance would be great.
      I am also from Texas , was living in Wichita Falls, and now live in Austin.
    If we need to, we could call eachother to get help on this :}

RESULTS BELOW:
    When this script is done running you should see text that says "DONE LOADING." If the script times out it is probably because your PHP is running in safe mode. If this is the case use the file botloaderinc.php to load your AIML files.
    Loading startup.xml
    Loading bot: 0
    Loading data aiml file: std-65percent.aiml
    Loading data aiml file: std-pickup.aiml
    DONE LOADING
    Inserted 0 categories into database

WARNING! You should password protect the admin directory or remove the botloader.php script or people may be able to abuse your server.

Click here to talk to the bot

execution time: 0.402673
    Templates per second=0
    Templates per minute=0

* Yes I read the other posts, but their errors seem to have "gone away"*

• Anne Kootstra
      Anne Kootstra
      2006-03-03

There are a few things that can go wrong when loading a robot. One is that the startup.xml isn't found. This is clearly not the case in this situation. The most common problem after that is that the AIML files aren't found. Again, in this particular case it doesn't seem to be true either. This is why I think that your database settings might be the one.

On the last line of dbprefs.php the mysql connection is made. Remove the @ symbol in this line. Save and rerun botloader.php, it should tell you what the problem is, if it's the mySQL connection.

As ever,

Anne

• Darren
      Darren
      2006-03-31

Hi Anne,

I think I have this same problem.  If I just use the default aiml files it works but doesn't create any tables.  If I use the downloadable set, when I run botloader it just hangs.  I removed the @ so the error doesn't go to the bit bucket.  It's hung up I think.  How long should it take? 

Where do I go from here? :)

Thanks,
      Darren

• Anne Kootstra
        Anne Kootstra
        2006-03-31

The database and the table need to be created manually. For the database tables there is a script that you can use for the setting up the tables. It is found in the sql/mysql/db.sql file of the installation directory.

Currently the loading mechanism doesn't check for the existence of the tables and database. It just assumes that they are there. In the installation instructions this is also one of the first steps.

In any case this is something that is being worked on and should be improved in the next version.

Regards,

Anne

• Darren
          Darren
          2006-04-02

Thanks again Anne.  That did the trick.

Darren

• Darren
      Darren
      2006-03-31

Sorry Anne,

It worked finally.  Took a while but that's fine.

Thanks,
      Darren

• Darren
      Darren
      2006-03-31

Hi Anne,

I guess I was a little premature.  It finished, I got the "done" flag, but no tables.  :(

Thanks,
      Darren