My experience installing Program E ...

Help
2008-08-03
2013-04-25
  • I've been screwing around trying to install Program E for some days now... and finally have gotten it working... after reading nearly every posting in this Help forum.... 

    I'm running XP Home with Wampserver.

    I followed the Louis delassus (brako) most recent modifications at http://tinyurl.com/LDbrako plus a few more minor tweaks from trying to debug with Zend.com Eclipse PDT....

    But still was not working... in the end due to my unfamiliarity with MySQL....

    I finally figured out that even though botloader.php was creating subs.inc it was not actually loading the AIML into the database....

    I went back into dbprefs.php and added the full path to the AIML, made sure the DB name was in the right place (last)... and lastly checked in the DB for user details, found "root" was some kind of default user and just added that for good measure.... 

    Example:

    $rootdir="D:/wamp/www/aiml/";

    $DB_HOST="localhost";
    $DB_UNAME="root";
    $DB_PWORD="";
    $DB_DB="botdev1";

    I then ran botloader.php again and it seemed to work this time finishing with saying thousands of items had been loaded into the DB (instead of "0")... and then Program E spoke to me!  ;^)