From: Klaus Wuestefeld <klauswuestefeld@ya...> - 2004-08-07 02:21:39
Prevayler2 is practically a cleanroom implementation.
- BSD License (more permissive than previous LGPL license).
- Automatic rollback for transactions that fail (throw RuntimeException).
- XML snapshots.
- Transient Prevayler support for automated testing and demos.
- Prevayler.close() implemented.
- Greatly simplified API with the PrevaylerFactory facade.
- Command renamed to Transaction for easier understanding.
- BatchedWrites to Improve Transaction Throughput (5x times faster than Prevayler1)
- BufferedStreams to Improve Throughput
- Smaller transaction log size by storing a long rather than a Date.
- Scalability Test included.
- Replication functionality can already be previewed, but is still very basic.
Do check out the replication demo. It is pretty cool.
See you, Klaus.
"Persistence is Futile" http://www.prevayler.org
Do you Yahoo!?
New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!