Set start position of a node in a vis

Help
zare
2011-08-28
2013-05-29
  • zare
    zare
    2011-08-28

In my case, clusters of nodes are added to the visualization.
    Each time I type a search query, another set of connected nodes is added to the visualization to represent some relations in the database.

The problem is that they overlap and they always seem to spawn in the upper left corner and I wish to set their position programaticaly so when another cluster of nodes is added the previous one moves away a bit so it looks nicer.

I tried several things, like paning the display and using setX() method on a VisualItem inside visualization but it doesn't seem to affect the way the nodes spawn on the display.

The problem may be caused by the fact that I use ForceDirectedLayout so I tried invoking cancel() method on it and than invoking run() again after I've set new coordinates for existing items but to no avail…

has anyone had the similar problem?

plz help, thanks in adv!

• zare
    zare
    2011-08-29

well if anyone did,

the solution is calling the setX()/setY() method on a ForceDirectedLayout object becuz it obviously overrides whatever position you set on a VisualItem directly

:D

• Sunny
    Sunny
    2012-11-02

wedding couple
    These are in fact impressive ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some good factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.