Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

multiplayer colors?

Help
stepanxol
2005-11-14
2013-06-05
  • stepanxol
    stepanxol
    2005-11-14

Hi, I just upgraded to the latest PrBoom (I've been using 2.02 up to now!) and I like the new client/server interface: dynamic loading of savegames rules! However, I have a couple of questions:

1) I tried a coop with 2 friends (btw, any new _good_ wads for coop? It seems impossible to find any, espacially for 3-4 ppl!) but all the players were green. Is there a way to configure one's own color? Or at least tell the server to use the good ol' grey/green/beige setup!

2) I may have dreamed this, but i recall having read somewhere of the possibility to revive dead friends in coop walking by and "using" them. Is this feature present? Or maybe is it in another port?

thanks,
    S

• 1) Set the player color in the automap configuration for each computer.
      2) I never heard of such a feature.

Regards,
      Florian Schulze

• stepanxol
      stepanxol
      2005-11-15

thanks! How many cool colors  :)

A friend of mine is asking another question: is it possible to map the "move back" action to mouse buttons? he likes to use them both for movement...

thanks,
      S

• You can configure it in the key settings, I use such a configuration myself.

Regards,
        Florian Schulze

• stepanxol
          stepanxol
          2005-11-15

> You can configure it in the key settings,
          > I use such a configuration myself.

Could you please tell me precisely how to do it? In particular, my friend has tried everything - he wants to map backpedal to the right mouse button, and says that he can do it with the left one, but for some reason not the other. I find it a disconcerting solution, but it works for him... not that he's such a good player anyway :)

thanks again,
          S