mouse problems

Help
2003-07-07
2003-10-07
  • I like to play doom using the mouse only.
    When i start a level and click or move the mouse then suddenly i find myself facing another direction. This does not happen with the keyboard. The mouse is configured as follows: left click fires...right click moves forward and opens doors...turn right or left by moving mouse.
    Any help or advice with this would be appreciated.

• when playing in software mode (res800x600) in windows me.....my position also jumps 90 degrees to the right when i start the level.
      the mouse is set to fire with left button and move forward with left button.
      i suppose we can live with it, but it is slightly annoying.
      this does not change with version 2.2.4 or 2.3.0.
      BTW 2.3.0 is fantastic!

• oops..didnt get posted the first time so here is the message again:
      when in software mode (res 800x600) using windows me, trying to play only with the mouse does cause a shift 90degrees to the right when starting a level.
      mine is set to fire with left button and move forward with right button.
      this still occurs even with 2.2.4 and 2.3.0
      but i can live with it!
      btw 2.3.0 is fantastic and will probably be even better than zdoom if they keep working on it.

• Shut Up, and fix the problem your Self.

• Hey! Don't talk like this in here.

Your mouse problem might get adressed, it's not high priority though, as it's not really a bug.

Regards,
        Florian

• Do you think that it might be your mouse? If you get a new mouse maybe it will work better. or try cleaning your old one.

• I know it's not the mouse, because it happens to me as well. It's because the mouse cursor is at an arbitrary position before PrBoom starts, and when you come into a level, the mouse get's centered first, causing this turning. It's not easily fixed though.

• fyi.......... the problem is not present in version 2.2.2

• Stop typing

• Thank you Mr Schulze for your reply.
      When I first started this thread I was not sure to ever get a reply but a certain rude person got your attention and my question got answered.
      Sorry that it happened this way!
      Maybe you should answer his question.....he sounds frustrated!
      I will not bother any of you anymore....yes I will stop typing now.

• why don't ya'll just stop talking about this stupid doom crap?

• try to download prdoom boom engine 3.0

• yea i dont pyc. i am old troll.
      I hate doom 98. its not working with my pc. i eat fags.

• ok i know you all like doom
      doo-m sucks

• did ye download it yet fool?

• I like to play doom using the mouse only.
      When i start a level and click or move the mouse then suddenly i find myself facing another direction. This does not happen with the keyboard. The mouse is configured as follows: left click fires...right click moves forward and opens doors...turn right or left by moving mouse.
      Any help or advice with this would be appreciated.