Direct Modem Play?

• kawe

Sorry, if this is a silly question -

but what is (if possible) the best way to make a direct modem play (with prboom)? It should work over different platforms (Win2k/Win9x/WinNT/perhaps Linux) .
    Surely, I know about the great server possiblities of the newer doom ports. But - most times I need nothing but the good old "Dos Doom over Modem" of Doom95.

Will serboom still work for all Win32 platforms an the new prboom versions? It's not very funny to configure modem games by trial and error, :-( (I gave up playing ZDoom over Modem - and I like this port very much in single player mode ...).

I've just spent some hours in the doomworld but I still     haven't a clue which way (and port?) to go...

TCP/IP games are always jerky for me when playing NT4-to-Win98 and for obvious reasons I don't like to configure my LAN over my Modem just for playing doom every now and then.

• Hi!

serdoom will definitely not work. I don't know if it is possible to do direct modem play. Maybe you could establish a direct modem connection with the standard Windows tools and then simply use that IP addresses. I can't tell you anything about Posix systems.