Find and Replace

Help
2009-09-04
2012-11-10
  • Hi,

Great plugin for a badly missed bit of functionality...

Anyway -- I'm trying to write a macro that selects the whole current line of a java file, replaces and double quotes ( " ) with a backslash escaped double quote ( \" ). Everything but the actual replace works.

--If I change the find/replace to NOT only include selected text, it works. However, I only want the replace to happen for the currently selected line.

--if I try the same macro on a file that is NOT a java file (plain text) everything works as expected. I suppose it has something to do with how the java editor in eclipse works?

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

• Ernest
      Ernest
      2009-09-04

I'm not sure. The following macro definition seems to work for me in a .java file. I tried in Eclipse 3.4.2.

<macroDefinition><![CDATA[<EditorMacros>

<Macro id="" lastUsed="1252097088392" name="User-defined macro 1" runAsCompound="true">

<description/>

<Command commandID="org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.select.lineEnd" type="EclipseCommand"/>

<Command caseSensitive="false" forward="true" matchWord="false" regexp="false" replaceAll="true" selectionScope="true" type="MacroFindCommand" wrapSearch="false">

<searchString><![CDATA["]]]]><![CDATA[></searchString>

<replaceString><![CDATA[\&quot;]]]]><![CDATA[></replaceString>

</Command>

</Macro>

</EditorMacros>

]]></macroDefinition>

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments