Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Mailbox with a forwrard, but keeps emails?

CSJ
2013-04-13
2013-05-13
  • CSJ
    CSJ
    2013-04-13

Is there a way for PFAdmin to set up a mailbox so mail gets delivered there, but additionally gets forwarded to an external email address?

• Simon Hobson
    Simon Hobson
    2013-04-13

Yes, just create the mailbox as normal, then adit the alias to add the extra recipients. But you need to change a setting for the aliases to be shown - set alias_control to yes.

• CSJ
    CSJ
    2013-05-12

Simon: awesome, very helpful. Works great, thank you!

• CSJ
    CSJ
    2013-05-13

Actually, found a problem with this.

I'm getting duplicate emails now. For instance, let's say I have an mailbox on my server, admin@store.com. And I've set up the alias through Postfix Admin to be:

admin@store.com
    bob@personal.com

The mailbox at bob@personal.com (which is on the same mail server as store.com) gets TWO copies of the forwarded email, for some reason. If I change bob@personal.com to some off-site email, like bob@gmail.com, it works fine. It seems this has something to do with using another mailbox set up in Postfix Admin? Do I need to remove bob@personal.com's alias record?